Friday, June 28, 2013

My Favorite Corset Maker

I must admit, I was a little nervous when I started looking for corsets to complete my Steampunk costumes.  Skirts & blouses were easy to find, but a corset.....now that's a whole different matter. So, I did what I always do, I turned to Etsy to look and learn.  I found:

Damsel in this Dress

I'd actually heard about Damsel in this Dress from several ladies I met at a writing conference.  I fell in love with their use of patterns, prints, colors, and texture. They really have a superb eye for design.  Most importantly, their designs come in a broad range of sizes.  Recently they produced a "Look Book" that showed how their skirts and corsets can be combined to make western, futuristic, Steampunk, and fantasy (and much more) themed costumes.  I especially love their Tieranny skirts and bustle accessories that allow you to mix and match pieces to create a variety of outfits.

Their sizing instructions were easy to follow and the corset(s) I purchased are designed for support and all day comfort.

My understanding is that Damsel in this Dress will have a booth at Portland's Gear Con 2013.  I will be sure to swing by and say, "Hi!" and perhaps leave with a wallet that is several dollars lighter.  :D

To view their full offering, visit their main website.

Damsel in this Dress Vixen corset with full length bustle skirt.
 (The Vixen corset comes with a removable hood.  Brilliant!)

2 comments:

  1. You have shared a wonderful blog ! The combination that you made with the Steampunk underbust costume looks fabulous. And the favorite part of the blog is that , these corsets comes in distinct size, or you can adjust it according to the requirement. I am looking forward for more blogs on different accessories with corsets.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Welcome to the stunning selection of sensual gifts available exclusively here online from GOLDBOXXX. Uniquely personal, intimate gifts luxuriously packaged and presented in a beautiful, reusable box as thoughtfully crafted as the contents. Personalised GOLDBOXXX gift boxes are the perfect choice for any occasion – as Valentine’s Day gifts, Wedding Anniversary gifts, Birthday or Christmas gifts – with sexy, elegant lingerie destined to create the desired impact.

    Anniversary Gifts

    ReplyDelete